Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jogjkarta!

Well my Adventures in Bali are over. But my adventures on Java begin (Java is one of the islands in Indonesia. It is the one with Jakarta on it.) I did end up going surfing one last time yesterday. met quite a few people in the ocean, some dude from Holland and another guy from Japan. Didnt catch many waves (more like 3)  but it was still fun nonetheless. I had to walk about 5 blocks in Bali in the sun and i was just roasting. I was sweating as if i had completed an intense workout. next time, perhaps, i will take a cab instead....But then we left Bali and came over to Jogjakarta, which is the big city near where my mom grew up.

So this morning my brother and i were trying to get to a place where you can play games online (like counterstrike and dota and whatnot). THe name is called Rumah Mirota.We have no clue as to where it is located and all we can say is "its a place you can play games." So we first took a becak , which is a carriage pushed by a bike rider. Now, the driver we had was old and pretty dainty. He was pushing these two rather large Americans in this carriage by a bike. I was scared he would die of exhaustion right on the spot. He did not, but he took us to this restaurant by the name of Rumah Mirota. We explained that this was the wrong place, so he then took us to a batik clothing store by the name of Rumah Mirota. We said that this was the place and just let him leave, as he clearly had no clue as to what we were talking about. My brother and i then walked a bit and asked another becak driver,(this becak was different because it was motorized) to take us to the game place. He said he knew it, and he drove us to a shopping mall by the name of Rumah Mirota Kampus. So, my brother an I, out ten bucks from transportation costs, just gave up and now we are at an internet cafe. Maybe, one day, we will find the place we are looking for....

I was at least slightly proud of myself though. I could kind of navigate a foreign city right? I mean, the places we went were of the same name. Its just like when you use autocorrect and it corrects bad to badger. sorta correct right? whatever.

So hopefully we will be able to find our way back to the hotel. Because honestly, i have no idea where we are right now. :D

-Aaron "A Hopelessly lost person" Brown 

3 comments:

  1. :) Hope you find your way back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lawl....priceless...

    I'm actually really bummed though....i would hate not being able to play games...haha...

    And I agree, at least you didn't end up on some bad part of town where you might get raped and/or end up catching malaria and die...your minimal skills of foreign navigation are clearly a natural gift for you...

    bummer about the hot walk...im SOOOOO looking forward to the exact same thing when i got to Texas :P bleh....

    anywho, I'm sure your intuitive navigation skills will help you find your way back

    if not, please let me know

    "How?" you might ask....i'll tell you:

    Thanks to my natural ability to see into the future, I anticipated this very event.

    First, you need to make your way to Melina Purosani Hotel at the corner of Jalan Suyatmajan and Jalan Mataram. This should be near the center of the city, so just ask how to get to the center of the city.

    Once you reach the hotel, you need to start looking for the GPS locator I planted for you. Literally. It should be buried under the last tree on their property at the corner where Jalan Suyatamajan meets Jalan Ketandan. Once you have found the GPS locator, you'll notice it needs batteries as I left it on when I planted it there (oops).

    For this task, you just need to make it to the nearby Malioboro Mall, which is just North West of the Hotel.

    After you have acquired batteries, turn on the GPS locator. Once it is activated, I should receive the signal and I can deploy my team of stormtroopers...err...Delta Force Marines which will pick you up in black hawk helicopters and return you to your mother.

    Let me know if that doesn't work...

    heart <3,
    BB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. I did not know about Fistulotomy before.

    ReplyDelete